Thursday, July 15, 2010

You Must Construct Additional Pylons!

I've been spending the past couple of days playing around with building generation. I think I got it to where it looks good and generates reliably. The hub system seems to have been a good idea. Surrounding rooms tend to blend in with each other rather than overwrite each other so that's good.

I'm going to take a break from the programming side and add some additional artwork. Maybe add some furniture and containers. It's stuff I'm going to need finished in order to work on other aspects of the program anyway.

I've also been considering writing up a laundry list of items I want to have finished for an initial release. Don't expect very much. Most of the game basics will be in place but there will be very little content. You may only see goblins and farmers to start with and the variety of items will be very limited. The idea will be to test out and demonstrate the features of the engine before I move on to adding more content.

No comments:

Post a Comment